Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ruby Mountain Relay

Well, we can still walk! Sam and I finished the Ruby Mountain Relay earlier today. It was 184 miles, 12 runners, and we finished in 31 hours. Here are some of our favorite pictures.

We started at 6:30 on Friday morning, and to get there we had to get up at 3 and drive to the other side of the mountain. We had 6 runners in our van and 6 runners in another van. We each would run about 15 miles in 30 hours.


Our "Van" was dubbed the Shady Oaks Retirement Home because we had the 3 oldest runners of both teams in our van.

 Sam's 1st leg on the 1st day.

 Sam's 2nd leg on the 2nd day.
 My 2nd leg on the 2nd day...I was thrilled because I only had 1 leg left.
 While we waited for the other 6 members of our team to finish the last 30ish miles we got the kids and let them play at the park where the finish line was.



 This was our team at the finish line. 
 Peter, Adam, Me, Sam, Andy, Marla (Van 1, all Neff's) Cindy, Bryan, Braden, Scott, Whitney, Brad (Van 2, from the Jensen side of the family)
 Our team and 4 people from the first team who were still around. 
 Our Van picture.
 This team had hot pants and kilts, I had to take a picture.
 I don't know what she was doing with her face, I just gave her a blow fish, maybe she was feeling violated.

 Our 3 year old was our photographer!

We had a family dinner tonight to all sit around and hash our our aches and pains. It was really fun.
This little gem happened at the finish line, it was super funny!

No comments: